Post Workout, Recovery
Re-Con is a high-performance, post workout recovery formula. Re-Con was designed to maximize the most important phase of the athlete’s training program – the post-workout phase. Re-Con’s advanced 7-stage recovery and muscle building system makes it the most comprehensive recovery formulation available on the market.
- Advanced 7-stage recovery system
- Patented 3:1:2 BCAA blend
- Maximizes post workout muscle growth and repair
- Optimizes the post workout anabolic window
- Refuels muscle energy stores
- Detoxifies muscle cells
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM TAKING RE-CON:
Individuals who are looking for a post workout supplement that addresses all areas of muscle refueling and recovery.
KEY INGREDIENTS/PROPRIETARY BLENDS IN RE-CON:
Carb Max 3 stage delivery system (Replenish):
This blend is formulated to combine specific carbohydrate sources, each chosen for its unique energy-yielding properties and recovery supporting benefits.[1,2]
Accelerator blend (Recover):
The most abundant amino acid in the body, glutamine, is known for its immune-boosting and muscle-building properties. The accelerator blend contains over 5 grams of glutamine along with several powerful, recovery-promoting agents.
Anabolic primer blend/EAA (essential amino acids) complex (Rebuild):
Essential and Branched Chain Amino Acids (L-leucine, L-valine, L-isoleucine) are critical to the muscle-building and repair process. This is especially true during the immediate post-training “window of growth”.[4,5]
Anti-stress and adaptogen blend (Recharge):
Muscle breakdown (cortisol) and damage (free-radicals) are recovery’s two primary opponents. The anti-stress blend contains several specific compounds such as lecithin and l-cysteine to help support healthy cortisol levels, which may help limit its ability to inhibit growth.[6,7]
Muscle extend blend (Refuel):
The muscle extend blend contains CarnoSyn beta alanine and citrulline malate which may help replenish energy and fuel ongoing muscular contractions for more intense training sessions.[8,9]
Insulinogenic blend (Reload):
Insulin is the most potent muscle building (anabolic) hormone in the body. The insulinogenic blend may help support recovery and promote nutrient uptake for muscle growth and repair.[10,11]
Muscle detoxifier blend (Regenerate):
The muscle detoxifier blend contains several cellular detoxifiers such as cranberry extract and dandelion root that support free-radical scavengers for removing waste products which promotes recovery and your cells health even further.[12,13]
Mix 1 scoop of Re-Con® with approximately 16-20 oz. of water and drink immediately post-workout.
- Lebenthal E, Lu RB: Glucose polymers as an alternative to glucose in oral rehydration solutions: J Pediatr.1991 Apr;118:S62-9.
- Tarnopolsky MA, Parise G, Yardley NJ, Ballantyne CS, Olatinji S, Phillips SM: Creatine-dextrose and protein-dextrose induce similar strength gains during training. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2001 Dec;33(12):2044-52.
- Welbourne, T. C.: Increased plasma bicarbonate and growth hormone after an oral glutamine load. The American journal of clinical nutrition 61 (1995): 1058–1061
- J. Rosenthal: Metabolic fate of leucine: A significant sterol precursor in adipose tissue and muscle. American Journal of Physiology Vol. 226, No. 2, p. 411-418.
- Hsu, M. C., Chien, K. Y., Hsu, C. C., Chung, C. J., Chan, K. H., & Su, B: Effects of BCAA, arginine and carbohydrate combined drink on post-exercise biochemical response and psychological condition. Chin J Physiol, 54(2), 71-78.
- Buchman AL, Awal M, Jenden D, Roch M, Kang SH: The effect of lecithin supplementation on plasma choline concentrations during a marathon.J Am Coll Nutr. 2000 Nov-Dec;19(6):768-70.
- Kerksick, C., & Willoughby, D: The antioxidant role of glutathione and N-acetyl-cysteine supplements and exercise-induced oxidative stress. J Int Soc Sports Nutr, 2, 38-44. doi: 10.1186/1550-2783-2-2-38
- Ghiasvand R, Askari G, Malekzadeh J, Hajishafiee M, Daneshvar P, Akbari F, Bahreynian M: Effects of Six Weeks of β-alanine Administration on VO(2) max, Time to Exhaustion and Lactate Concentrations in Physical Education Students. Int J Prev Med. 2012 Aug;3(8):559-63.
- Pérez-Guisado J, Jakeman PM: Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness. J Strength Cond Res. 2010 May;24(5):1215-22.
- Jentjens RL, Jeukendrup AE : Effect of acute and short-term administration of vanadyl sulphate on insulin sensitivity in healthy active humans. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2002 Dec;12(4):470-9.
- Steels: Physiological Aspects of Male Libido Enhanced by Standardized Trigonella foenum-graecum Extract and Mineral Formulation.Phytother Res. 2011 Feb 10. doi: 10.1002/ptr.3360.
- Basu A, Betts NM, Ortiz J, Simmons B, Wu M, Lyons TJ: Low-energy cranberry juice decreases lipid oxidation and increases plasma antioxidant capacity in women with metabolic syndrome. Nutr Res. 2011 Mar;31(3):190-6. doi: 10.1016/j.nutres.2011.02.003
- Ovadje P, Hamm C, Pandey S: Efficient induction of extrinsic cell death by dandelion root extract in human chronic myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML) cells. PLoS One. 2012;7(2):e30604. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0030604